Did test dry fit of parts. It looks kind of weird, but I didn't want to glue anything and used Tamiya's masking tape instead. Hearing a lot of things about bad fit of parts in multi-media kits, I was surprised on the fit in this kit. Of course continues test fitting is a must during the build process, but in my opinion fit is not bad at all. Fit on my modified Fujimi F248 build is actually worse. But in other hand F248 wasn't designed to be build the way I do it. Could not resist to make "family" photo. I like sophistication of modern F1 cars.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
More progress. Stripped paint from main body. Used same nasty lacquer tinner, but didn't submerge body into it. Instead used old toothbrush and cotton swabs to wet body with tinner and scrub old paint. Wouldn't left resin body submerged in this tinner for any period of time after few plastic parts melted in it after just few minutes.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Stripped old paint from white metal parts. Used strong lacquer tinner from hardware store. Nasty stuff. I'm not sure what to use to strip old paint from resin body though. This thinner might destroy it, I'm afraid. Alcohol doesn't strip this paint, unfortunately. Will try to use lacquer tinner carefully.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Got started Studio27's MP4/22 early season kit from eBay. Thought I got a good deal until I saw how much S27 wants for new set of decals. Well, I need new decals for my rescue build, so had to bite the bullet. Here is picture of the kit in its current state. Beside new decals, full re-paint for painted parts is required. Also number of parts has to be completed and then kit needs to be assembled properly. It's going to be fun project for one of my favorite cars. I plan to build Alonso's winning car from Malaysian GP. Even if there are some inaccuracies, I'm ok with what kit provides.