Monday, January 21, 2013

Some progress on MP4/27

I finally have an update I can report. I could only manage 5-6 hours of modeling time a week since New Year and that makes my progress even slower that it was last year I have finished gluing and putting parts before primer could be applied. Mounted parts on toothpicks (took about 3 hours, btw) and finally sprayed first layers of primer onto most of the parts. I've decided to pre-assemble some winglets for the front wing, as I see assembly after painting to be quite problematic. It's clear on last picture, which parts I've pre-assembled. It's quite likely that body and wing parts will require more preparations and another layer of primer. Chrome paint needs perfect base surface to achieve the effect. So, I will be working on surface preparations for quite a while longer, and there will be not much chance for updates for a while.