Monday, February 6, 2017

Chassis completed.

Completed chassis pretty much. I have used fishing lead lines to simulate oil cooling hoses. In addition to that I've added some connections for the fuel distribution system: from tank to pump and return line from distributor to tank. Used metal wire wrapped with shrink tubes. Also added couple of breather lines: from fuel tank and from radiator pipes. Installed fire extinguisher. Added throttle linkage later as well. After all that I was able to mate engine/gearbox assembly to monocoque and then attach complete chassis to floor. Next, radiators and pipes were installed. Everything was going ok, before I've attached chassis to floor. Floor in my kit apparently was warped a bit clockwise at the rear and not straight horizontally. Not sure how much of that was factory defect and how much I might have contributed with my painting process. In the end, rear suspension ended up uneven, with left side about 1mm higher. There is a big chance model will end up standing on three wheels :( What a let down.

Here is how model currently looks. Finishing of body panels is the next target. Need to apply decals and clear coat over them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh now that is very very nice...Come on now show me the cowl with some colour...