Sunday, March 4, 2018

CF decal work for F2008 on going

After finishing CF decals for BT52 build, I've used momentum and finally started CF decal work for my F2008 build. Already spend close to 20 hours, but only got gearbox, diffuser and top of the floor done. CF patterns I've used are not 100% correct according to my photos. But I did not have correct ones available. So, I've used what I had and what was closer to real car. I've use fresh new Tamiya CF decals for the diffuser. They were easy to work with. Quite similar in their properties to SMS CF decals. Main difference being that I did not need to use Miro-Set first before I use Micro-Sol. Went straight to Micro-Sol and they reacted well. Used some heat from hair drier as usual to help them conform to curved surfaces.

I've also decided to use few different patterns, which aren't 100% correct either. But it makes the looks a bit more appealing, imho. Lot more parts to do. But mostly suspension items in twill weave pattern. And less complex. So, hopefully progress will be a bit faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment