Sunday, May 5, 2019

Tamiya TS050 test assembly

Received my copy of TS050 kit this week. Not going to really start building it any time soon. But I was curious how is fit of parts, how complicated assembly would be and how would I like overall shape of this car. So, I've decided to do test assembly only for now to satisfy my curiosity. Below are some photos of "Frankenstein" model. Here are some conclusions. Fit of parts is good, as expected from any recent Tamiya kit. Assembly it going to be a bit tricky in few places. Shape of this car overall it not that beautiful to my eye. However it's great to have a kit of modern prototype. Painting and masking are going to be most challenging and in parts annoying for this model.

And I think this model would definitely benefit from detailing of interior. Will have to find proper reference photos and do a bit of detail scratch building and detail painting to make it look better.

Here are some quick photos made with my phone. Body is just seating on wheels. Did not bother assembling suspension and rear wing.





No comments:

Post a Comment