Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lotus 97T Belgium WIP

Build is progressing well. I'm almost done painting parts. Will polish body parts and then it's decal time. Should be OK for OOB, but kit is definitely lacking details in engine bay area.

Painted black inside body panels. Monocoque shell is painted with TS40. Should be CF, as on real car, but I'm not going to bother for OOB build.





Engine block is painted with Alclad aluminium. Gearbox was painted with TS42 and then darkened with Tamiya TS71 smoke. A bit too shiny for my liking. Will probably have to dull it a bit with flat clear.



Rest of exhast/turbo system parts painted in Alclad PA and semi-gloss black. I've gone adventures on exhausts and put many different paints over in almost random order :) Looks acceptable to me. Suspension parts were painted in TS29 semi-gloss black and Alclad PA. Brake calipers were painted with TS21 gold, brake hubs with Alclad SS.

No comments:

Post a Comment