Monday, August 13, 2012

MP4/22 rescue build

Yes, it's like "back from the dead" for this model. After being on hold for about 9 month, I've finally turned my attention to it and made some progress. Not much, but took quite a bit of time. Painted exhaust pipe tips and axles, fitted exhaust covers and tips. And last but not least (about 3 hours in total) fitted engine cover PE winglets. It was quite a pita to attach them. I've used epoxy glue for this. Epoxy is kind of becoming my most used glue. Z-poxy one I use dries clear and it's a big help for places where excess glue could be very visible. Besides 5 minute set time leavs good room to do adjustments if needed, while glue sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment