Wednesday, April 17, 2013

MP4/27 is ready for decals

Finally an update after 2 months. Delayed because of my reluctance to do tedious polishing job needed for gloss black base. At some point polishing was also required for F10 model, so I batched up F10, MP4/25 and MP4/27 and polished them all at the same time. This model received few light coats of Mirrachrome paint. After paint was dry to touch I buffed it out using cotton swabs. Then after few days of drying I put Alclad Aqua clear coat on it. I left MP4/22 model in the frame intentionally for comparison. Tamiya putty tube is there to show reflection.

I'm not 100% happy with results over all, but it will do for this particular model. MP4/25 wasn't as lucky and ended up back into gloss black base. I will have to re-do chrome paint for MP4/25. I'm using Alclad HPA on it. Will post comparison photo when MP4/25 is ready. However it could take long time, as MP4/25 is another cursed model. It'll be my 5th attempt to get chrome on for it.



1 comment: