Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Update on F10 build, finally

Finally a dedicated update on F10 build. All delays on it are related to my troubles with white primers. I just cannot get any of white primers, available to me, to lay down in thin smooth coats. I always get a bit grainy and a bit thick layers. They require sanding and in turn can lead to more coats, when I unintentionally sand through to plastic.

Anyway, TS8 red and TS26 white colors are on. My masking wasn't perfect, but it'll do for this build. I will have to touch up black in many places, which would involve extensive masking. That slows me down too.

Polishing is in order for red. And then I should be able to turn to decals.


1 comment:

  1. I like it a lot. Looks great so far and looking forward to seeing some decals go on. I use Tamiya white and grey primers and have no issues, well so far, the only time is if i have sanded down and end up with a lighter patch...

    ReplyDelete