Monday, June 2, 2014

Progress on engine bay

I was only able to return to my modeling workplace last night. Some progress for this build. Put together exhausts and assembled engine bay. That whole sub-assembly is attached to floor by now. Used epoxy glue exclusively, so I had time for final adjustments. As expected there are gaps where exhaust headers connect to rear portions. For this build it'll do. I plan to do detailed build in near future and will try to figure out a solution for elimination of those seams.

Last photo is a mock up with cockpit in place. I have to add number of items to cockpit before I could permanently attach it to the floor.

Even after 2 weeks I could still smell paint on the body. I wonder if it is normal for Scalefinishes' paint to take such long time to dry.




No comments:

Post a Comment