Monday, April 2, 2018

Big disaster

I've done the most stupid thing to date in my model building hobby. I've decided to apply heat to shrink tube "in place". Used matches and melted left side of rear suspension in an instant. Fortunately I was able to contain my anger and have not thrown it against the wall. Kept myself calm, thinking "You cannot change past, so move on". Next 2 nights I spend re-building suspension arms and rods from scratch. Good, but unexpected exercise in scratch building for me and kit is becoming multi-media, because of all the metal I've used to re-make parts. It's not completely fixed yet and my scratched parts will not look the same as kit parts. But I think I will be able to recover and hopefully scratch built suspension will be strong enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment