Sunday, September 7, 2014

P34 is back on track

After been building 1/24 F1-GTRs for months, I finally got a bit tired on them and inspiration returned to continue with P34 build.

Main blockers were 2 out of 4 front axles glued incorrectly. I managed to glue them at weird angles, so wheels would have never fit right on them. Last night I've fixed them. Cut off old axles, drilled wholes into uprights and inserted pieces of round rod. Funny that original car didn't have any carbon fiber parts (I think), but my model does :) My local hobby store did not have metal or plastic rods, so I had to buy fancy CF ones. After that blockage was removed I could go ahead with assembly. Installed front suspension sub-assemblies to the body and mate body with the floor. Installed radiators and roll protection bars as well.

Next night I've finished all suspension elements. Installed steering column and gear shift. Finished routing of fuel lines and radiator hoses. Few PE items left to attach. Then rear wing, wheels, tires and seat belts and it will be finished.

1 comment: