Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Started decals on STR5 conv

Body and wing parts where clear coated in the mean time. I've used automotive urethane 2K clear. Worked pretty much as well as Zero 2K clear. Past weekend was a long one here and I've started application of decals. Not complete yet, but many major ones are on. Decals worked fine for me. However there were couple of issues. First, I misplaced Bull decals and had them cracked. Now there are gaps I will have to patch somehow. I've also placed nose decals a bit too up front and got couple of small gaps to patch as well. Over all, I think it looks fine. All together conversion will not be very accurate. But for me it's fine just looking STR5 alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment