Sunday, May 31, 2015

Worked on front suspension

Continued working on FW16B. Worked on lower arms of front suspension. Tried to fix well know Fujimi's mistake. They designed front mounting points of lower arms to be attached to the bottom of nose. On real car they are attached to monocoque instead. Cut one kit piece into 4 components and re-glued them in new configuration. To preserve geometry, I've shortened front pieces. Also done a bit of reinforcement with plastic triangles on the bottom. I had to make new connection points at the bottom of Studio27's body. It took me over 2 hours to complete. And was pretty much it for whole past week.
I keep looking at all the references I have and it looks like if I don't want to go for very late season car, but want full tobacco livery, Portuguese GP is pretty much my only option. So, that's going to be version I will try to replicate.



No comments:

Post a Comment