Saturday, September 19, 2015

Some progress on STR5 conversion

Little progress on this conversion. I have patched Bull decals and small gaps on the nose. Used pieces from spare decals I had in my scrap box. Couldn't find perfect matches, so used closest red pieces I could find. If you know where to look, you'll see them. But I didn't have other options, beside buying full new set of conversion decals and stripping and re-doing it all again. Didn't want to do that. Front wing was basically the only assembly left to apply decals to. I've mocked it up using masking tape, so I could align decals between different flaps. Done main flaps and small winglets. End plates are still left to complete. After decals are done it'll be ready for next step - final clear coat.

1 comment:

  1. I applaud you Sergey, with all these builds going at once you either have a LARGE bench or you are very good and keeping each build together. Well done.