Saturday, December 31, 2016

Started first assembly steps

Started first assembly steps. Front and rear suspensions are mostly completed.

First fit issues appeared during these steps.

- for some reason B13 did not want to seat well over the top of gearbox and ended up with it seating at the small angle which might affect alignment of rear suspension later

- next fit issues was with E3. It was seating too high on top of E20. I had to make deeper channels in E3, so it could go lower and then E3 has aligned with E14/E15. Looks ok now

- at the front instructions are calling on putting B2, B3, B12, B14 and E8/E12 together at the same time. I figured there is not way I could do that. So, I came up with following sequence: put B2 in place first properly aligned; then B3/B14 and E8/E12 combination, using epoxy glue, so I had time to align parts; after all that was in place I carefully inserted B12 parts

- alignment of gearbox/rear suspension assembly and the engine is not firm. So, I plan to use car's floor as a jig to align them when engine is ready

That all for now. Will report future modification as I continue with assembly steps.

Here is quick photo to mock up assembled parts so far


No comments:

Post a Comment