Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Yet another build started - BT46

With multiple challenging builds in progress, I felt I needed something that would go together rather well. I've looked at my line up of completed and in progress models and all I could see were pretty much Lotus, McLaren, Red Bull and Ferrari cars. Then I looked through my pile of kits and realized that I have 3 models of Brabham BT46 car variations and I thought Tamiya BT46 would fit the bill perfectly. Having instructions from 1/12 MFH kit as a reference is a big asset for this new build. I also have PE set from Studio27, which looks to be quite useful. I actually managed to get myself hyped about this model quit a bit. First it is different from my usual subjects. Second - it's Tamiya engeniring and should go together well. Third - it's surprisingly detailed and gives a great base for moderately detailed project, which is perfect for my current skill level. Spent last few days gathering references, studding them and MFH's 1/12 kit instructions, and doing my usual build plan. And finally last night I was able to start it. Not much to show at present, just a bunch of parts separated from trees. Going to prep parts and do test assembly next.


4 comments:

  1. Cool car i really like the reverse colour scheme...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would there be a chance of getting a scan of the MFH instructions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you contact me over email ? I will have to create private album and give you a link privately.

      Delete
    2. Hey Sergey i will send a note via F1M if that works?

      Delete